Sunday, November 14, 2010

Perizaad Zorabian best2

I'm very happy with the way my career has shaped up because it's all the result of my own choices. I'm unconventional.Perizaad ZorabianKicking off her career with Nagesh Kukunoor's Bollywood Calling, Perizaad Zorabian has gone on to become a multiplex maharani with star-making turns in Mumbai Matinee and Morning Raga. The role that fixed her in the public memory forever was as the no-nonsense working girl - Jenny - in Jogger's Park. "I still have people coming up to me and saying they loved me in that film.Now people are also talking of her turn as Nikasha in Ek Ajnabi, her maiden foray into mainstream cinema. "A lot of the credit for Nikasha should go to Apu (director Apoorva Lakhia). I feel with Ek Ajnabi I have achieved that tehrav (stillness), you know a kind of centring. I do not play a regular Hindi movie mom in the film. Everyone told me I was finished, accepting a mother's role. That I would not have anything to do in an Amitabh Bachchan film, also that I should take my mother or secretary along for the outdoor shoots as you never know what happens out there," Perizaad arches her eyebrows. "That month in Bangkok was a blast and I was pampered beyond belief!Perizaad waxes eloquent about Big B: "He is genuinely a super person. He holds your hand through tough parts but lets you do your thing. He is the kind of person who will be present for over-the-shoulder shots to give you the reaction. You know he would call me `Strassu baba' because I went to the Lee Strasburg Acting Studio in New York. He would say: `Arrey Apu yeh Strassu baba kya keh rahi hai!'" Next on Perizaad's platter is the mother of all biggies, Nikhil (Kal Ho Na Ho) Advani's Salaam-e-Ishq. "This is the first time I am attempting comedy. I told Nikhil I cannot do it but he says I will rock. There are six tracks and I am opposite Sohail Khan. That's all I can say. I have even signed a non-disclosure agreement!"ActrDipika > Hi Perizaad, how are you? And tell us something about your future plansPerizaad Zorabian > Future plans are full of some great releases. There is Highway 203 with Kay Kay Menon and there is Nikhil Advani's Saalam-e- Ishq , and then, there is this sweet romantic comedy with Shekhar SumanPerizad fan > Is it true that you were in poultry business before entering BollywoodPerizaad Zorabian > Yes, Perizaad fan...:) I was very much a murgiwali before I became an actress. And believe me, it was much easieLovednameperizaad How are you and what are your upcoming films?Perizaad Zorabian Hey, thanks for loving the name Perizaad..:) just answered that question for DipikaSom Hi Perizaad, you are very gorgeous. I am a die-hard fan of yours. What really inspired you to takeacting as a profession? I also want to join your fan club. How can I do it?Perizaad Zorabian > Hey Som, thanks for appreciating me as an actor. It really means a lot. I chanced on acting and am an actor today only because I enjoy the challenge, the uncertainty and the highMannie > Why is it that we haven't seen you in masala (commercial) films as yet? You are normally associated with arty kinds of films.Perizaad Zorabian > Hey Mannie, I guess it's because I didn't plan on being a an actor. I only did the films I related to and that came my way. Art films gave me a break and the correct platform. I would love to do a masala film but some director has to believe that I can. Unfortunately, in this industry, people get stereotyped real fastSmitha What are the qualities the actress should havePerizaad Zorabian Hey Smitha, well, a good actor needs to be intelligent and observant, as well as transparent and ready to take off the mask and deal with various emotions. It's a very, very difficult art form. In Bollywood, it pays if you are hot and sexy and have a great boClod Would you like to do a commercial Hindi film with item numbers et al? Would you also perform an item number? Like Koena, without any inhibitionsPerizaad Zorabian Hey CLOD. I am a western classical ballet dancer and have been trained for 12 years. I love dance and would love to dance. Yes, I think an item song would help me shed my inhibitions and take me away from my comfort zone, and that's what being a good artist is all about. You got to lRoma Speaking of on screen exposure, how far are you willing to go in the bare-all-racePerizaad Zorabian > Dear Roma, I AM VERY, VERY uncomfortable with my body and very, very shy. So, don't think I would expose anything. And definitely, not to be part of the
Perizaad Zorabian
Perizaad Zorabian
Perizaad Zorabian
Perizaad Zorabian
Perizaad Zorabian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts